Quick Beef Stroganof
1 stick unsalted butter, divided
2 pounds beef tenderloin, halved lengthwise and cut into ½-inch strips
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 shallots, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 quart button mushrooms, sliced
1½ cups beef broth
1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup fresh chopped fresh parsley
1 pound noodles
¼ cup chopped fresh dill
In a large pot, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Season the beef with salt and pepper.
2. Working in batches, add the beef to the pot in a single layer and sear until browned on both sides, about 1½ minutes per side. Transfer the beef to a plate.
3. Add another 3 tablespoons of the butter to the pot and melt over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic; sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Stir in the mushrooms and sauté until tender, about TK minutes. Stir in the beef broth and the mustard. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
5. Simmer until the liquid reduces into a thick sauce and the mushrooms are very tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Stir in the beef and continue to simmer until the beef is tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and parsley.
7. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles according to the package instructions. In a large bowl, toss them with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter; season with salt and pepper.
8. To serve, top the noodles with the beef stroganoff and dill.