Quick Grilled Oregano Chicken
When you need dinner in 20 minutes and you forgot to whip up the marinade
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic, minced fine
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, halved
- 2 Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless
- Heat the grill to high heat.
- Fold up a few paper towels and drizzle with olive oil. Rub the grates of the grill with the olive oil once the grill is hot to help with meat sticking.
- In a bowl, mix the spices, herbs and olive oil. Place the chicken in the bowl and rub the seasonings all over.
- Let the chicken rest while the grill heats up so you don’t place cold chicken on the grill. If you do the outside will overcook while the cold middle stays raw.
- Place the chicken on the grill.
- Cook the chicken top side down first for 5-7 minutes, gently lift and flip the chicken, cooking for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle olive oil on one half of the flesh of the lemon, then stick both pieces back together to spread the olive oil all over it.
- Place the lemons flesh side down on the grill until grill marks appear and remove from the heat.
- Remove the chicken to rest, tented with foil for 3 minutes.
- Serve with fresh lemon juice squeezed from the lemons.