Skillet Beef and Potatoes
Sirloin strips with red potatoes and fresh rosemary are seriously amazing and ready in a flash. The key is precooking potatoes in the microwave to speed the process. — from Taste of Home
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 5 medium), halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper blend
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- Place potatoes, water and salt in a microwave-safe dish; microwave, covered, on high until potatoes are tender, 7-9 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, toss beef with onion, 2 tablespoons oil and pepper blend. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef mixture; cook and stir until beef is browned, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining beef mixture.
- In a clean skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook potatoes until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally. Stir in beef mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with rosemary.
** You also might want to add mushrooms