We are not turning on the oven today!
Crock Pot Citrus Fajita Chicken
Just add a side of guacamole and you are set
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add all of the crockpot liquid ingredients and homemade fajita seasoning and give the ingredients a stir.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board, shred and return back to slow cooker (there will be liquid remaining).
- Top with bell peppers and cook on HIGH for 30-45 minutes, depending on desired crisp-tenderness of bell peppers.
- Taste and stir in hot sauce to taste and additional orange juice or brown sugar if desired. Drain all excess liquid.
- This recipe is super versatile and the perfect make-ahead chicken for busy nights or for chicken fajita tacos, chicken fajita salads, chicken fajita burritos, chicken fajita burrito bowls, etc. Serve them with a stack of warm tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, salsa and a side of rice.