Monday, September 2nd sponsored by Marseilles Sheet Metal
- No show — Labor Day
Tuesday, September 3rd sponsored by All About Personnel
- I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston (I finally got around to seeing Spider-Man: Far from Home, and this song opens the film)
- There She Goes – The La’s
- All I Wanna Do – Sheryl Crow
- Then the Morning Comes – Smash Mouth
- Outshined – Soundgarden **
- Something’s Always Wrong – Toad the Wet Sprocket
- Mysterious Ways – U2
- You’re a God – Vertical Horizon
- No Scrubs – TLC
- Joy Ride – Roxette
- Somebody to Shove – Soul Asylum
- Disarm – Smashing Pumpkins
- In the Garage – Weezer
- I Burn – Toadies
** Soundgarden is embroiled in a lawsuit with Universal Music Group over destroyed masters from the massive vault fire.
Wednesday, August 28th sponsored by Rosati’s Pizza of Mendota
- Jumpin’ Jumpin’ – Destiny’s Child (Beyonce is 38 today!)
- The Day I Tried to Live – Soundgarden (guitarist Kim Thayil is 59)
- Plush – Stone Temple Pilots
- One (featuring the San Francisco Orchestra) – Metallica**
- You Drive Me Crazy – Britney Spears
- How Do You Want It – 2Pac
- All Mixed Up – 311
- To Be With You – Mr. Big
- Sliver – Nirvana^^
- Buddy Holly – Weezer^^
- Here and Now – Letters to Cleo
- 100% Pure Love – Crystal Waters
- Closer – Nine Inch Nails
** Metallica are joining up with the San Francisco symphony for 2 shows to open the new Chase Center, the new home of the Golden State Warriors this weekend. Then they’ll release it in movie theaters (see below)! The original S&M happened in 1999.
** the song that made Rivers Cuomo go in the direction he went with for Weezer. Prior to that, he was the lead guitarist for a metal band!
Thursday, August 29th sponsored by Electronics Junkyard
Mike Clay from the Junkyard made a wager with me about tonight’s Bears/Packers Game. Looks like I’ll have to pay up later this season.
- Return of the Mack – Mark Morrison (Khalil Mack and the Bears are back tonight!)
- I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) – Proclaimers
- Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen (Freddie Mercury would’ve been 74 today)
- I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing – Aerosmith (their only #1 single — this date in 1998)
- I’m Too Sexy – Right Said Fred (a song that borrow from Jimi Hendrix!)
- Killing in the Name – Rage Against the Machine (drummer Brad Wilk is 51)
- You Outta Know – Alanis Morissette
- The Dope Show – Marilyn Manson (his ex Rose McGowan is 46 today)
- Losing My Religion – R.E.M. **
- My Friends – Red Hot Chili Peppers (on this date in 1993 Dave Navarro joined the Peppers)
- What It’s Like – Everlast
**On this date in 1991 at the MTV VMAs, R.E.M. took home a few Moonmen, Michael Stipe removed T-shirts for a cause (many still issues today), and a guest cameo from Bill Berry’s unibrow!
Friday, August 30th sponsored by Norway Kennels Dog & Cat Boarding
- Too Much – Dave Matthews Band (song co-written by Sax man LeRoi Moore would’ve been 58 today)
- Zombie – Cranberries (Dolores O’Riordan would’ve been 48 today)
- Lovefool – Cardigans (singer Nina Persson is 45 today)
- I Need to Know – Marc Anthony (is 50 today!)
- I Try – Macy Gray (is also 50 today!)
- I’ll Stand By You – Pretenders (Chrissie Hynde is 68 today)
- You Could Be Mine – Guns n’ Roses**
- Criminal – Fiona Apple
- Machinehead – Bush>>
- Lakini’s Juice – Live>>
- Starseed – Our Lady Peace>>
- Pets – Pornos for Pyros
- Silver Springs (live) – Fleetwood Mac ++
>>a Triple-Bill tonight at Hollywood Casino Ampitheater in Tinley Park, Live/Bush/Our Lady Peace. Tickets are still available!
**reports that Guns n’ Roses are working on finishing up a new song for Terminator: Dark Fate, which comes out November 1st and reunites the cast from T2: Judgement Day. GnR did a song for that soundtrack too.
++on this date in 1997, Fleetwood Mac returned to the top of the charts with their live/unpluggedish release The Dance.