Monday, September 30th sponsored by Marseilles Sheet Metal
- Return of the Mack – Mark Morrison (That #52 of the Bears is a true Monster!)
- Linger – Cranberries
- Love Spreads – Stone Roses
- All I Wanna Do is Make Love to You – Heart**
- Free – Phish (Trey Anastasio is 55)
- These are the Days – 10,000 Maniacs
- Wicked Garden – STP
- Rooster – Alice in Chains++
- Bitter Sweet Symphony – Verve
- I’m Free – Soup Dragons
- Tennessee – Arrested Development
- Wicked Game – Chris Issak^^
**Whenever you hear Heart or Joan Jett and the Blackhearts this week between 6am – 2pm, text the artist name to 815-481-JACK for a chance to get qualified to see them October 12th in Milwaukee and get a 2 night stay at the Saint Kate – The Arts Hotel plus $200 to spend at the hotel on food and drink! It’s Heart and the Arts!
++ AiC’s Dirt turned 27 years-old yesterday. Here’s a great article explaining why it is so downright dark and depressing.
^^Rolling Stone called this the sexiest music video of all time…and I wholeheartedly agree!
Tuesday, October 1st sponsored by All About Personnel
- Somebody – Sugar Ray
- Today – Smashing Pumpkins (released as a single this week in 1993)
- Volcano Girls – Veruca Salt
- Real World – Matchbox Twenty (from Yourself or Someone Like You released on this date in 1996)
- Cream – Prince & the NPG (from Diamonds and Pearls released on this date in 1991)
- Friends in Low Places – Garth Brooks
- Mary Jane’s Last Dance – Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
- Lightning Crashes – Live
- My Name Is – Eminem (‘wanna see me stick Nine Inch Nails through each on of my eyelids?’)
- Head Like a Hole – Nine Inch Nails
- Your Woman – White Town
- Ordinary World – Duran Duran
- Aneurysm (Live) – Nirvana (off From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah released on this date in 1996)
This isn’t the version from the CD, but it’s a damn good performance.
Wednesday, October 2nd sponsored by Rosati’s Pizza of Mendota
- All I Really Want – Alanis Morissette (Jagged Little Pill hit #1 on this date in 1995. It is the 3rd best selling album of the 90s)
- No Diggity – Blackstreet & Dr. Dre
- I Can’t Dance – Genesis (guitarist Mike Rutherford is 69)
- Sex & Candy – Marcy Playground
- Far Behind – Candlebox
- Wonderwall – Oasis (from What’s the Story Morning Glory released on this date in 1995)
- Back at One – Brian McKnight
- All For Love – Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart & Sting (Sting is 68 today!)
- Song 2 – Blur
- Cannonball – Breeders
- Everybody Everybody – Black Box
- Barbie Girl – Aqua (singer Lene G Nystrom is 46)
- Got You Where I Want You – The Flys
Released at the movies on this date in 1992, The Mighty Ducks!
- Figure skating hockey player? CHECK!
- Emilio Estevez attempt at a career resurgence and motivational speeches? CHECK!
- Racist Hockey Line Name? CHECK!
- Kennan Thompson and the Knuckle Puck? CHECK!
Thursday, October 3rd sponsored by Electronics Junkyard
- Nothing Compares 2 U – Sinead O’Connor (on this date in 1992 she tore up a picture of the Pope on SNL and basically killed her career)
- Cradle of Love – Billy Idol
- Rusty Cage – Soundgarden
- Zombie – Cranberries (from No Need to Argue, released on this date in 1994)
- Kids in America – The Muffs (RIP Kim Shattuck. She passed away yesterday from ALS)
- I Want it That Way – Backstreet Boys (Kevin Richardson is 48)
- Fantasy – Mariah Carey (from Daydream released on this date in 1995. Also on this date in 1995++)
- Sexbomb – Tom Jones**
- Sunday Morning – No Doubt (Gwen Stefani is 50 today!)
- Flagpole Sitta – Harvey Danger
- Birdhouse in Your Soul – They Might Be Giants
- Better Man – Pearl Jam
- Don’t Go Away Mad (Just Go Away) – Motley Crue (Tommy Lee is 57 today)
++also on this date in 1995….
** at the age of 59, Tom Jones topped the UK charts with his album Reload. He was the oldest artist to score a number 1 album with new material. This song hit #3 on the UK charts. Fortunately it didn”t chart here in the US.
Friday, October 4th sponsored by Norway Kennels Dog & Cat Boarding