Grab the cast iron skillet for this quick and delicious weekday dinner!
Make sure to check out this weeks special deals in the Handy Foods Cold Days! Hot Meals! Flyer
Teriyaki Pork Chops With Sautéed Apples
4 pork chops (about 6 oz each)
1 cup bottled teriyaki marinade
1⁄2 Tbsp peanut or canola oil
1⁄2 onion, diced
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced
1⁄2 cup apple juice
1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder *McCormick makes a great one
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine the pork chops and teriyaki sauce in a shallow bowl or sealable plastic bag, turning the chops to coat.
- Cover the bowl or seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 8.
- Preheat a largecast-iron skillet.
- While the grill warms up, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and ginger and cook for about 2 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the apple, apple juice, vinegar, and five-spice, and stir to combine.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the fruit is softened (but not mushy) and the liquid has thickened enough to cling lightly to the apples.
- When the grill or pan is hot, remove the pork from the marinade, blotting off the excess with paper towels, and grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until lightly charred all over and firm
- Grab some applesauce and a baked potato and you are all set!