Yes we all ate too much during “The Big Game”, so lets have a meatless Monday!
This is creamiest mushroom alfredo sauce you will ever have – a sauce so good, you’ll want to slurp it with a spoon! Plus it only takes 30 minutes to make.
Be sure to check out this weeks Handy Foods “Sweet Deals” flyer. You can also see it at :
Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup half and half, or more, as needed*
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in thyme and dill cook, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in vegetable broth, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in half and half until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in baby spinach and Parmesan until the spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more half and half as needed.
- Stir in pasta and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.