The Marquette Crusaders suffered a loss to the Sandwich Indians 40 to 21. The Indians strong defense and The Crusaders dry spell in scoring led to the loss at Bader Gym.
At the little ten conference tournament at Somonauk High School
- Indian Creek defeated Hinkley-Big Rock 76 to 38 (Indian Creek advances to the semi-finals)
- LaMoille holds on to beat Serena 64 to 62 ( LaMoille will face Indian Creek in the semi-finals)
Other scores from yesterday
- Streator won at home against Putnam County 61 to 37
- L-P won an overtime thriller at home to Hall 73 to 72
- Morris grabbed a victory on the road at Wilmington 60 to 44
- Seneca lost on the road to Coal City 60 to 52
- Mendota lost at home to Oregon 71 to 47
Ottawa Lady Pirates fought hard at home but came up short to unbeaten Sycamore 46 to 36. Senior Regan O’Fallon led Ottawa with 17 points and six rebounds
- Seneca dominated at home against Cornell 59 to 16
- Morris won at home against Rochelle 42 to 32
- Sandwich defeated Plano 51 to 34
- The Marquette Lady Crusaders travel to Indian Creek
- Serena is on the road at Hall
Sophomore girls basketball
Ottawa 43, Sycamore 28
Jr. High Volleyball
Marquette Academy seventh grade volleyball recently defeated Milton Pope 25-17 25-18. Leading the Lady Knights was Maura Condon was it’s 8 points 5 aces and 3 kills. Makayla Backos 8 points 5 aces and 2 kills Kealey Rick led the offense with 7 assists and Morgan Nelson and Alyssa Zellers each had 3 kills.
In the eighth grade game in Marquette Academy defeated Milton Pope 25-13 25-22. Leading the Lady Knights was Nora Rinearson with 12 points 6 aces Natalie Dyche added 6 kills and Grace Dose 9 assists. MAry Lechtenberg swing for 5 kills and Emma Rinearson added 4.