Ham and Cheese Casserole
If you’re the one that did all of the cooking on Easter your leftover casserole recipe should be so simple! This ham and cheese casserole is easy and delicious
Make sure to check out this week’s Handy Foods Dollar $tretcher $ales flyer on line at www.https://handyfoodsigaweb.rsaamerica.com/
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 can condensed cream of cheddar soup **
- 1 1/2 cups leftover diced ham
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar, divided
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375, and lightly butter an 8×8″ oven-safe dish.
- First, cook the rotini pasta in plenty of salted boiling water until al dente–about 1-2 minutes less than the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, and cook for 1 minute until homogenous. Whisk constantly.
- Next, stream in the milk, 1/4 cup of the cream, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Lower the heat and cook while stirring occasionally until slightly thickened. It will take about 5-8 minutes, and the mixture will coat the back of a spoon when it’s properly thicken.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, cream sauce, sour cream, 1 cup of the grated cheddar, ham and the sliced scallions. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of grated cheese. Drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup of heavy cream evenly over the mixture.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for 5 minutes to slightly crisp up the cheese on top.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before scooping and serving.
*** You can substitute cream of chicken soup, or cream of celery soup.