Sheet-Pan Chicken Parmesan
Saucy chicken, melty mozzarella and crisp-tender broccoli, all in one pan. What could be better? It’s ready in 35 minutes too! Don’t forget the garlic bread. Enjoy!
Make sure to check this week’s Family Pack Meat sales flyer at Handy Foods
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1 cup marinara sauce*
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg. In a separate shallow bowl, stir together the next 5 ingredients. Dip chicken breast in egg; allow excess to drip off. Then dip in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Repeat with remaining chicken. Place chicken breasts in center third of baking pan. Spritz with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread broccoli in a single layer along both sides of sheet pan (if broccoli is frozen, break pieces apart). Return to oven; bake 10 minutes longer. Remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler. Spread marinara sauce over chicken; top with shredded cheese. Broil chicken and broccoli 3-4 in. from heat until cheese is golden brown and vegetables are tender, 3-5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
- Special Notes: any type of pasta sauce can be used