One of the first recipes I shared was the Coca Cola Crockpot Roast. This is very similar. It’s perfect for summer nights when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen. Thanks to Kathy Missel for sharing this tasty treat. If there’s a recipe you would like to share email me at email@example.com.
Be sure to check the Handy Foods Facebook page for all their weekly and daily specials
Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (12 ounces) root beer or cola
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- Place roast in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add root beer; cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 8-10 hours.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks; return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce. Cook, covered until heated through, about 30 minutes. Serve on rolls.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.