GRILLED HAWAIIAN BARBECUE CHICKEN IN FOIL PACKETS
One of our favorite things to grill this summer have been foil packets. Sweet pineapple and tangy barbecue sauce make the perfect combination for chicken and veggies. And it can all be on your dinner table in 30 minutes or less! Best of all clean up is a breeze!
Check out this week’s “Fresh From The farm to You” sales flyer from Handy Foods
· 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
· 1 cup bbq sauce I like Sweet Baby Ray’s
· 1 15- ounce can pineapple slices including juice
· 2 teaspoons soy sauce
· 1 teaspoon garlic
· 1 red bell pepper cut into cubes
· 2 medium zucchini sliced
· green onions for garnish
1. Heat grill to medium heat. Cut 4 sheets, enough to wrap the chicken and veggies, in heavy duty foil. Place chicken on center of aluminum foil and divide the veggies and add 2-3 pineapple slices into each packet.
2. In a bowl, whisk together bbq sauce, juice from the can of pineapple slices, soy sauce, and garlic. Spread about 2 Tablespoons of the sauce on the chicken and make sure to reserve about 1/4 cup.
3.Place chicken packets onto grill and grill for 13-15 minutes flipping at about 7 minutes.To serve carefully open packets, baste with reserve sauce and garnish with green onions.
You can also cook the packets in the oven!
Pair with some rice and you are all set for an end of summer delicious meal!