Last night James McCann homered and drove in a pair as the White Sox beat the Twins 6-2 in Chicago. The series resumes tonight with Lucas Giolito on the mound against Minnesota. Pre-game begins at 6:35 with the first pitch at 7:10pm on the home for White Sox baseball 1430 WCMY….
The Cubs held off the Indians 6-5 at Wrigley Field. Javy Baez homered for the Cubs, who have won three in-a-row. The two-game series wraps up tonight with Jon Lester facing Cleveland.
The Cardinal’s had a lopsided 18-3 loss to the Brewers in Milwaukee. The Cards and Brewers play their second doubleheader in three days today.
Major League Baseball will use the bubble format for the PostSeason. The World Series and NLCS will be in Arlington, Texas, with the ALCS in San Diego, California.
The Chicago Sky’s season is over after losing 94-81 to the Connecticut Sun in the opening single elimination round in the WNBA playoffs.
Yesterday at a press conference, Governor Pritzker says Illinois will not allow high school football this fall and will still start in February with games beginning in March.
Ottawa Pirates traveled to Plano for their 3rd I-8 dual matchup of the season and the girls won 19-37.
- Grace Carroll placed 1st Eva Heimsoth took 2nd and Lainey Billings 3rd
The boys fell to Plano 31-25.
- Top Finisher for Ottawa was Liam Tipple who finished 4th
Newark edged out Hinckley-Big Rock and Serena’s individual runners in a meet hosted by Indian Creek.
The Lady Pirates traveled to L-P and won 3-2.
- Ella Marvel and Sara Meyer won in singles
- Kyleigh Olszewski & Mary Riva were winners in doubles.
The JV girls also defeated L-P 3- 2
- Jenna Smithmeyer and Emma Cushing won in singles.
- Layne Krug and Abi Morris were winners in doubles
The Lady Bulldogs lost on the road to The Princeton Lady Tigers.
The Lady Pirates golf team earned a victory over L-P 215- 246
- Top scorer for Ottawa was Zoe Harris with a 44
The Ottawa boys varsity lost on the road to Kaneland at Hughes Creek Golf Course 149-168..
- Leading Scorer for the Pirates was Jonathan Cooper with a score of 40
JV boys also lost to Kaneland at Hughes Creek 172-225.
- Turner Love Led the Pirates with a score of 55.
Seneca’s Fighting Irish posted a 185 to defeat both Coal City and Prairie Central.
- Holden Flynn had a 43 for Seneca High School.