Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
I hope you stocked up during last week’s Ribfest sale at Handy Foods!
Check out this weeks Handy Foods Fall Savings sales flyer
Dust off the Crock Pot !This recipe is easy and absolutely DELICIOUS! Perfect for snacking while watching your favorite team or for a terrific dinner.
Fall-off-the-bone tender ribs finished off in the oven to create the best, barbecue sticky glaze and caramelised edges! The 4-ingredient marinade is the hands down the best marinade smothered on ribs.
· 2 cups barbecue sauce
· 2 tablespoons brown sugar
· 3 tablespoons minced garlic
· 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
· 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
· 4 pounds baby back pork ribs *
· Salt , to taste
1. Spray inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Remove inner skin (membrane) from ribs and place ribs in slow cooker.
3. Combine bbq sauce, brown sugar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Mix well to combine and completely cover with half of the sauce.
4. Season with a good amount of salt and pepper; cover with lid and cook on low setting for 7-9 hours or high setting for 3-5 hours *see notes. Refrigerate remaining sauce to use later.
5. When ribs are tender and falling apart, transfer onto an oven tray (or baking sheet), lined with parchment paper. (Lift them carefully as the meat will be very tender and falling off the bone).
6. Pour half of the juices from the slow cooker bowl into the remaining sauce. Baste ribs with half of the sauce and broil in preheated oven at 400°F about 10 minutes or until beginning to char and crisp on the edges.
7. Serve ribs with remaining sauce.
Any type of rib will work so choose your favorite
Cook times depend on the results you are looking for:
· LOW: 7 HOURS / HIGH: 3 HOURS — Ribs that are soft but stay on the bone
· LOW: 9 HOURS / HIGH: 4-5 HOURS — Tender, fall apart ribs that melt in your mouth like butter