Yesterday The Ottawa Pirates won their 2nd straight class 2A regional championship at Emerald Hill Golf Course with a team total of 339.
- The Pirates Jonathan Cooper clinched 1st place with a score of 80 and Nick Angus placed 2nd with an 84.
Seneca placed 3rd with a score of 370 and Marquette finished 5th scoring 396 in the Regional class 1A at the Grant park Golf Course.
- The Crusaders Carson Zellers shot an 87 and The Fighting irish’s A.J. Stiegler had a final score of 88 both will advance to the Class 1A Sectionals.
The St. Bede Bruins are champions for the first time since 1977 in class 1A Regional at the Spring Creek Golf Course with a score of 339.
- The Bruins Nathan Potthoff dominated with a first place score of 73.
The Lady Pirates defeated Coal City in tennis 6-1
- Ottawa’s Ella Marvel, Sara Meyer and Mary Riva each won in Singles.
- In Doubles Avery Landers & Grace Satterfield, Tess Thiry & Madison Lineback and the team of Lex Taylor & Savanna Nelson were all winners for the Lady Pirates.
The JV Girls also outscored Coal City in tennis 5-0
- Jenna Smithmeyer & Emma Cushing won in singles.
- The teams of Rylee O’Fallon & Isabel Heimsoth, Cora Sisk & Layne Krug and Emma Walker & Abby Morris all earned victories in doubles.
The Streator Lady Bulldogs lost on the road to Mendota 3-2
- Streator’s Lucy Zavada won in singles and the team of Haley & Lora Berry were winners in doubles
The Blackhawks drafted Lukas Reichel [RIGH-kuhl] with the 17th overall pick in the 2020 NHL Draft last night. The 18-year-old German left winger skated in Germany’s top league this past season, scoring 12 goals and 12 assists.
The NHL are announcing a January 1st target date for the opening of the 2021 season. Previously, the league had identified December 1st as a potential starting date.
There was playoff action in Major League Baseball. The Astros beat the A’s 5-2 and The Rays edged the Yankees 7-5 in the American Division. The Braves beat the Marlins 9-5 and the Dodgers defeated the Padres 5-1 in the National Division.
The Lakers beat the Heat 102-96 in Game Four of the NBA Finals in Orlando. Los Angeles leads the best-of-seven series 3-1.
The Chicago Fire FC visits Kansas City tonight. The Fire earned a 2-2 draw against the Montreal Impact Saturday night.