We all need a little comfort these days, so grab the old Crock-Pot and get ready for a slightly new take on everybody’s favorite! Prep time is quick and all you need is a nice green salad to complete the meal! Enjoy!
Don’t forget to check out this week’s “Dollar Sale” at Handy Foods! Mark your calendars for the 4 Day Meat Sale beginning Wednesday, November 4th.
Slow Cooked Rump Roast
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 to 8 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- In a large skillet, brown roast on all sides in oil over medium-high heat; drain. Place carrots and potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with meat and onions. Combine the water, horseradish sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and celery salt; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low until meat and vegetables are tender, about 8 hours.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until gravy is thickened, about 30 minutes.
***Make sure your lid fits properly and that you don’t remove it during cooking. Small cuts of meats dry out during cooking much faster than larger pieces. Also, use theright size slow cooker. Small amounts of food in a large slow cooker will cook faster, causing them to dry out before the end of the cooking time.