Busy night tonight in High School Hoops.
On the schedule for Varsity boys.
- The Marquette Crusaders will host Seneca at Bader gym.
- The Undefeated Ottawa Pirates travel to face Morris.
- The L-P Cavalier will defend their home court against Kaneland.
- The Streator Bulldogs will compete on the road against Peotone.
- The St Bede Bruins are at Bureau Valley.
- The Earlville Red Raiders will host LaMoille.
- And the Serena Huskers hit the road to face Somonauk.
Over the weekend
Marquette will host Putnam County, Streator is at Reed-Custer and Serena heads to Newark
Last night in girls basketball action
Marquette won on the road at Putnam County 43-29
Eva McCallum led the Lady Crusaders with 17 points. Josie Eager added 11 more in the win.
JV squad were winners over Putnam County 30-23
Jaylyn Clairmont led the JV Cru with 12 pts
Ottawa won a close contest against the L-P Lady Cavaliers 42-41 at Kingman Gym.
Brooke Waddell led the Lady Pirates with 12 points with four 3 pointers, Zoe Harris added 11 points and nine rebounds for the win
The JV girls won big over L-P 51-21.
The Seneca Lady Irish outscored Midland 64-34
Seneca’s Brooklyn Giertz led the team with 12 points.
The Streator Lady Bulldogs took a tough loss at home to Peotone 45-27
Natali Haynes led Streator with nine points, 10 rebounds, four blocked shots and two steals
Results from round one of the Little Ten Girls Conference Tournament.
Earlville lost to Somonauk 47-37
Newark completely dominated Depue 62-7
Hinckley Big Rock won big over Hiawatha. 53-10
In the semi final round at the LTC Tournament tonight
Indian Creek will host Somonauk and Newark is home against Hinckley Big-Rock
The Ottawa Lady Pirates will host Princeton and The L-P Lady Cavaliers are at Kaneland.
The Lady Bulldogs travel to Reed- Custer on Saturday.
The Ottawa boys Varsity bowling team lost last night to L-P.
High rollers for the Pirates in the loss: Sean Miller with a high game of 245 and Nelson Brandt added a high game of 206.
The JV team also fell to L-P. Nolan Alexander had a 424 series score for Ottawa.
The L-P boys co-op swim team defeated Peoria Notre Dame at the Peru YMCA.
- Ryan Nelson won the 200 and the 500 freestyle
- Joe Ovanic claimed the 200 individual medley and the 100 freestyle
- Luke Mertes took first in the 100 butterfly and the 100 backstroke
- Mertes , Ovanic, Dillon Malerk and Owen Phillips won the 200 medley relay
- Phillips, Mertes, Ovanic, and Tanner Ditchfield won the 400 freestyle relay
- Ditchfield, Malerk, Nelson and Jon Szewczuk won the 200 freestyle relay
College basketball this weekend
5th ranked Illinois travels to take on Minnesota. Northwestern will host Wisconsin and Notre Dame is at Syracuse.
The Chicago Bulls visit the Sixers tonight. The Bulls are 12-and-15 entering the game.
The Blackhawks begin a two-game road set against the Hurricanes tonight.
In the NFL
The Eagles have traded quarterback Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts.